Held a final press conference of the “Green buildings for common green future – GREEN” project
On June 29th 2018 (Friday), the Center for development of the East planning region and the Regional Administration Blagoevgrad held a final press conference to promote the “Green Buildings for a Common Green Future – GREEN” project CB006.1.11.038, financed by the First call of Interreg -IPA cross-border program Bulgaria-Macedonia 2014-2020.
The Center for development of the East planning region, as the lead partner in the GREEN project, at the final press conference promoted the results achieved within the GREEN project in front of the representatives of the municipalities in the two regions, the media and other stakeholders from the cross-border region.
To understand the significance of the project, the participants of the press conference were addressed by:
Mr. Nikolco Ilijev, Mayor of the Municipality of Kocani and President of the Council for development of the East planning region;
Mr. Biser Mihailov, Chairman of the Blagoevgrad region in Republic of Bulgaria;
Mr. Vulnet Arifi from the EU Department at the Ministry of Local Self-Government, the national body of the INTERREG IPA cross-border program 2014-2020;
Ms. Dragica Zdraveva – Manager of the Center for development of the East planning region and financial expert in the project; and
Mr. Denis Zhernovski – project team leader.
The main objective of the event was to get acquainted with the achieved results within the GRREEN project, such as:
• Reconstruction of the municipal building in Kocani and upgrading the energy efficiency class from D to B;
• Reconstruction of the administrative building of the Regional Administration Blagoevgrad and upgrading the energy efficiency class from D to C;
• Climate change trainings and measures to reduce the effects of climate changes and “green infrastructure”;
• Organized promo campaign using a special mobile lab and mobile office for the students from primary schools in the municipalities of Stip, Kocani and Berovo;
• Two thematic workshops were organized for students from secondary schools in the municipality of Blagoevgrad;
• Developed regional energy-efficiency strategy;
• Developed info materials, Web site (cbc-green.com) and Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/ProjectGREEN038/) for the project;
• Setting up Billboards in the cross-border region
• Four project press conferences in the East planning region and Blagoevgrad region were organized.
The total budget of the project is 408.680,66 €.
This is a first mutual project of the Center for development of the East planning region and the Regional Administration Blagoevgrad.
The project is co-funded by the European Union within the INTERREG IPA cross-border program between Macedonia and Bulgaria